You scored between 0 and 17 out of 50
Uh-oh. Looks like you have a little bit of work to do.
No worries, though, every step you take is one step closer to keeping people safe.
Here's some simple ways to start.
1. If you haven't done so yet, depending on the size of your worksite, establish your Joint Health and Safety Representative or Committee. Now that you have people accountable for health and safety, you can determine how you will approach some of the bigger tasks.
2. Obtain your Occupational Health and Safety Act. Read it. ;)
3. Create an Occupational Health and Safety policy. If you need help, contact us and we can help.
4. Create a Health and Safety board in an accessible place where you can post H&S safety information, which will start to establish that health and safety is a focus.
5. Ensure that the most senior person in the company declares safety as a priority and reflects that sentiment in their actions.
Contact Balance Consulting if you would like to conduct a Health and Safety Audit, where we can assess where you are at and identify what further actions needs to be taken.